Keeping Cool: Ices & Ice Cream!
1. Sundaes & Cones – 99 E. 10th Street, near 3rd Ave. for classic homemade ice cream in dozens of flavors. My favorite is mint chocolate chip.
2. Chikalicious – 203 East 10th Street, near 2nd Ave., for shaved ice. Exceptionally delicious with red bean topping! This is also a dieters cheat for when you want dessert but don’t want all the calories of ice cream.
3. Kung Fu Tea – 241 E. 10th Street, near 1st Ave., for cold & refreshing bubble tea drinks. You can get some with green tea flavors but my favorite is milk tea with red bean, yum.
3. Ciao Bella Gelato – 285 Mott Street, between Prince and Houston, for classic Italian gelato.
4. Cremeria – 178 Mulberry Street, between Broome and Kenmare. Brand new gelato outlet on the south end of Nolita. Yumzilla!