London – Days 2 to 5
Hello! I’m back from a long hiatus, been very busy on a big case that’s been very time intensive and kept me from the blog. Happy Spring!! I’m hoping to post consistently again now that things are back to normal, so excited for so many beautiful things I’ve seen around NYC and in the blogging world! 🙂
Here is the rest of my London diary. I had such an amazing time there with my dear friend Martha in her hip East London neighborhood Stoke-Newington and elsewhere around the city. Here is the “favorite things” / “must-see” list for anyone visiting London for a week. Enjoy!! Bon voyage! xoxo
1. Antiques shopping at Portobello Road Market . Have you ever wanted a sterling silver serving spoon? An antique snuff box with Queen Elizabeth’s image? A rare antique watch? Find it all and much more here, along with the bookstore Hugh Grant owned in “Notting Hill.”
2. Sketch for dinner (reservations essential)
4. Churchill Museum & Cabinet War Rooms. This is a fascinating museum in which you walk through the rooms where Churchill and his cabinet lived during World War II and the blitz on London, and from where they commanded the Allies to victory. Then the adjacent room chronicles Churchill’s life. It’s so captivating, I bought a Churchill biography immediately upon returning home.
5. Scones & tea! these make the perfect break from shopping & touring.
7. Broadway Market. Every Saturday, you’ll find all the hipsters and yummy mummies at this East London market. Art bookstores and cafes line the streets and teem with hipsters, their dogs, and their babies.