New York for the Holidays
Visiting, or staying in, New York City over the holidays? Here is my list of not-to-miss sites and activities in the Big Apple this holiday season.
1. Guggenheim Museum. I highly recommend the current exhibit ”Chaos & Classicism: Art in France, Italy, & Germany, 1918-1936,” which is on view until January 9.
2. Central Park Zoo. There are monkeys, penguins, polar bears, and more. I hope you get to see the polar bear swimming laps like I did!
3. Holiday Windows. These are different each year and always delightfully entertaining mini artworks, like diaramas for adults who love shopping. My favorite windows are Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, and Barneys. It’s fun to take photos in front of them.
And if you have kids, head to the Upper West Side for these fun activities:
1. Central Park Zoo. See above, and see the monkeys and polar bears.
2. Children’s Museum of Manhattan. The Children’s Museum of Manhattan, or C-Mom as it’s known, is best for children 10 and under. It’s like a fantasy dreamscape jugle-gym of fun. Current exhibits include the Wizard of Oz and Dora the Explorer. Your little ones will love it!
3. Museum of Natural History & Planetarium. The American Museum of Natural History is always cool due to the famous dinosaur exhibit and the hands-down best planetarium on this side of the Atlantic. Plus they always have cool temporary exhibits, like the current “Brain: The Inside Story.” Yes, we love science.
AND WHERE TO EAT / DRINK / STAY:
Drink @ Terroir, Terroir Tribeca, MOBar, Cipriani, the Standard Hotel, B.East.
Stay @ The Bowery Hotel, The Ace Hotel, The Crosby Hotel, Hotel on Rivington, The Standard Hotel, W Times Square, W Union Square, or The Mandarin Oriental.
And New York’s hottest nightclub is ………..😉